Network is a solution that provides monthly snapshots of a curated collection of packages that includes Metrum-developed packages and a subset of packages selected from sources like CRAN and Bioconductor. Each snapshot contains an immutable set of packages that match across Windows, OSX, and Linux to provide reproducible, consistent cross platform package installations.
Browse snapshots at mpn.metworx.com
Package version differences can be seen easily over time.
- The "Version History" section of each package page shows which versions were on which snapshots (see the
dplyrpage, for example), and when the package first became available on MPN.
- Compare all packages between two or more snapshots by going to a snapshot page and adding other snapshots in the drop-down menu (see the
2022-02-11page, for example). In this view, an empty field for any package means it was not present on that snapshot.
A particular snapshot can be referred to by its URL
https://mpn.metworx.com/snapshots/stable/<snapshot-date>. For example, in a
Repos: - MPN: https://mpn.metworx.com/snapshots/stable/2022-02-11
MPN is freely available for anyone to use. In addition, Metrum provides a subscription to "MPN Pro" which provides:
- support for MPN and recommended tools for interacting with MPN (e.g.
- The ability to request new packages to be added to MPN.
- Additional documentation around the qualification and testing performed on packages when creating new snapshots.
Please reach out if you would like to learn more about MPN Pro!